ALL DONE WITH SAFETY AND CARE FOR THE FIREARM AND PERSON.
We care about our community and we will assist you in any way we are able.
Cerakote coatings improve performance and reliability over conventional finishes. You can choose from an endless amount of colors and styles to make your firearm one of a kind. Stop by to see our sample colors! We do custom work to fit your idea of how. YOU want your fire arm to look. We can go big, or down the smallest piece.
Private Party Transfer
We can facilitate PPTS (Private Party Transfers) .
- DROS: $37.19
- PPT Transfer Fee $10
- PPT Storage Fee
- $10 per serialized item
Call for an appointment. (707)773-GUNS
Custom Gun Builds
Here at Independence Armory, we understand your love for customizing a fire arm to your exact style. We will help you build yours, or come in and tell us what you wish, and we will make it happen. We also offer completely custom built AR15 Style rifles as well as AK47 style rifles.
We understand that one might find their desired firearm online. So, When a firearm or ammunition is purchased online the buyer must select a local dealer to receive it and perform the background check. Our receiving fee is $150 for guns and $35 per 1000 rounds of ammo. There is an additional background check fee require by the state of California.
In addition to buying and selling new and used guns, we can also consign your firearm for a small % fee. Bring in your firearm during business hours to discuss details. We are happy to help you evaluate the value of your item and assist in selling with you!
Have time to shoot your gun but no time to spare to clean it? Drop it off with us for a thorough cleaning so you don't have to worry about the mess, chemicals and hassle in your home. See our classes page for more info on how to learn to do it yourself!
Important Note from the Gunsmith/ Armorer
(When dropping off a firearm for repairs: (make sure you leave a good phone number with your voice mail set up.)
- Make sure it is unloaded. DO include at least one unloaded magazine for function/ safety checks. We do a function / safety check on all firearms before they leave the shop.
- If you drop off a very dirty firearm for repairs, we may have to clean it before working on it. So please factor this into the shop time.
- If your firearm comes with a special tool for taking it apart, please include that tool.
- If you are dropping off a firearm with a problem, please do the following:
- Make sure you have read the owner’s manual.
- Include a note with the problems you are having or what you want done. Be as clear as possible.
- We cannot remove or disconnect any factory safety devices or make the trigger so light that it could be a safety concern.
- If you firearm has been modified and has aftermarket parts that are not working, please bring in the original parts. We may have to put the original parts back in to make the firearm work.
- Speaking of parts, the biggest delay in gun repairs is finding parts for some guns. We try to keep the most common parts in stock.
- If you are having problems with a semi auto firearm, try using different ammo and magazines and make sure the firearm is clean and lubed correctly.
- Do not ask the gunsmith/ armorer how to fix your firearm. We cannot give advice like that.
- We cannot fix every firearm due to some special equipment/ tools that may be required. We do not do full firearms restorations, or redo wood stocks. We do not have a milling machine or lathe and are not doing any kind of welding currently.
- If the gunsmith/ armorer cannot work on your firearm for some reason, you will be called and told why. We understand that there are not many gunsmiths in the area, but we will not take on jobs we are not equipped for.
- Some parts must be hand fitted despite what the sales packaging says. Proper hand fitting of guns parts takes skill and time, so please understand that.
- Scopes: if you have installed a scope on your rifle, please do not bring it to us to boresight. Too often the scopes are installed incorrectly, and the scope is damaged. We cannot boresight a damaged scope. (Most common problems are over torqued the scope or bent the tube)
- Test firing your gun. If you want your gun test fired, expect to pay for at least 30 minutes or more of shop time. Please include ammo, or we will also charge for test ammo.
- Be patient. It may be a few weeks before we get repair your firearm. We do put a priority on firearms used for Law Enforcement, CCW carry.